Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Inspiring Words from Kyle...

So I had my first baptism Saturday. I was able to baptize James, who is probably the coolest investigator ever. I’m convinced I still don’t appreciate him half as much as I should. Maybe when I get some more experience. He always reads, and is way excited. He even did a lot of things on his own that made me think and want to apply to myself. His questions were on a whole different level from some of our other investigators. Things like “I feel the spirit when I am at church and when I pray and read the scriptures, but how can I feel it all the time?” It might not seem like much, but other people we have to try to convince that they want the spirit. After the baptism he just kept on talking about how “delicious” he felt. That is the literal translation, but it is used for things like : “this breeze is delicious”, or something like that. I got to sit by him during church on Sunday, and he was so excited to get the gift of the holy ghost and to take the sacrament, it really impressed on me the blessings we have and the importance of sharing it. When we planned on Sunday I couldn’t help but think that when we were planning to go tracting, we were planning to find James’ replacement. Fortunately we can keep teaching him as a recent convert. He might even go out with us. He’s even brought up the idea of serving a mission himself. He’s only 24. It’s been a way good experience, and he’s a way fun guy that brightened up my day a couple of times after we had had a disappointing morning.

No comments: