Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Colorado Vacation





We rode the cog train to the top of Pikes Peak. It was amazing. We saw so much wildlife! Deer and elk, mountain sheep and yellow-bellied marmots. We almost saw a bear. He was at the station at the bottom of the mountain a few minutes before our train got in. But I guess he didn't want to stick around and meet us!





Here is one of the views from the top of the mountain. It rained just a tiny bit on our way up and there was a rainbow. Can you see it? The temperature at the top of the mountain is about 40 degrees cooler than at the bottom so it was about 45 degrees and dropping while we were there. There were lots of patches of unmelted snow!







Trent and Grandpa went fishing. This is Trent's trophy. He was 18 inches long and weighed about 3 1/2 lbs. It fed six of us for dinner! I don't know if he'll get to again, though. Grandpa has a strict rule about you catch it-you clean it. Mom cleaned this one:)











When you have teenage brothers you get to do things like watch the Ninja Warriors all day marathon on G4. Sydney decided to make her own Ninja Warrior course. The picture of Trent swinging on the tree was part of the course as well. And maybe some day I will figure out how to upload pictures and get them to go where I want them to go.







Here are Sydney and Trent at the top of Pikes Peak. Does Sydney look pale? She sure did on the way down. I thought we were going to loose her. She lost all the color, I mean ALL the color in her face and lips. I had to keep telling her to breathe. Once we got below about 11,ooo feet she was fine. I hope she doesn't have dreams of climbing Mt Everest.




















No comments: