Hola, mi amigos! como estas?
Nope, not as cool as Tagalog. I just wanted to try that out in spanish.
Anyways, I'm totally taking off in a plane tonight, and getting to the Philippines on Wednesday. I still have no idea what happens once I get to manila, I think I have a couple hours bus ride though. At least I'll get to see the countryside.
During our preparation day today we signed up for a teaching evaluation with our teacher, and he basically told us stories the whole time. And practiced casting out demons in Tagalog (We actually didn't get to the last part, but it was on the agenda). He told us how his first day was in the Philippines, and it got me so excited to get out there and meet all the people, even though it will be ridiculously hot and humid, especially compared to Provo.
Our flight will be chasing the sun the whole way, so we get a really awesome delayed sunset to LAX. I'll call you once we get to LAX and we have a long layover there. So it'll be kind of late, but I guess we'll see how much you really miss me. And if you get tired, just put trevor on. I'd be happy to talk to him.
Holy Cow I'm Going to the Philippines-
I'm so glad I'm not going to Mexico or Argentina (poor Elder Gilmore). Their visas are crazy delayed from what I hear, and the list to get visas is over 200 names long. So alot of the Elders on our floor are stuck here for an indefinite period of time, and they've already been here for 10 weeks. I feel bad for them, but not for long, because I'll be in the Philippines. No, I'll still feel bad for them.
Koreans-
So a person who went to Korea on their mission brought a native korean friend to the weekly teaching lesson to help with the language, and the person got really interested and brought their whole family. So the missionaries headed to Korea are actually going through the lessons with a real family. Needless to say,they don't need any encouragement to use their study time well.
I think for my plaque I want 3 Nephi 5:13. It's pretty cool to think about. I've been waiting for this and thinking about it for ever, I don't even know when I decided to go, I just always thought about how it would be when I did go. And tonight I get on the plane to go out into the field. The MTC has been good, I probably won't even realize how good until I'm gone, but the field is different. It's going to be awesome. Our Mission President at the MTC told us some advice that I want to be first on my mind: "Love the people, Love the challenge."
I'm ready to throw myself out there, and soak it all in. It'll probably be pretty hard. Actually, it will be hard. But I'm ready for it. And the Lord's waiting to help me as long as I ask. For "...it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men." (Doctrine and Covenants 3:3)As long as I do it His way it'll be work out.
A quote that I enjoyed:
"When all hell breaks loose, you're just about there."
-Brigham Young
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment