Wednesday, July 23, 2008





We have literally spent the last two months sending our kids out into the world. My parents (Don and VaNeal Burgess) took Kyle to the MTC for us on May 28th. Then Andy took Brett on July 2nd.


Don't they look happy:)


Brett flew to Madrid yesterday where he will spend 8 weeks in the MTC learning the right kind of Spanish. I got to talk to him for about 45 minutes while he waited for his flight to leave Atlanta. It is amazing how much he has grown already. I can't imagine what two years will bring. Here is an excerpt from the e-mail we got this morning:


We got here to Madrid safely if not rapidly and are trying to stay awake the whole day. It is very challenging.lol. At least I am not sick like one poor Elder. He looks like death. Anyway. So it is really cool here-real small and I will tell you more about it on my preparation day, which this week is Friday, but all the rest is Thursday. We get to go to the temple every Thursday so that is real cool. Anyways. Take care and I love you all. also, it is really cool here. really cool. and the city reminds me of Athens. -Elder Anderson

I think he likes it so far, don't you?


Kyle will leave on Monday for the Philippines. He flies to Taipei and then Manila. Then a very long bus ride to Cauayan City in the Isabela province. I can't wait to get his phone call!
Matt and Allison are vacationing in Fiji--her blog will tell you all about that . And Andy spent a week in Central and South America and is now enjoying 10 days of flying around Europe.
Sydney and Trent and I went swimming in the back yard.

No comments: