Monday, July 27, 2009

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers...

Ever wonder what happens when you leave your garden for a month? Mine usually dries up and dies or gets eaten by the bugs. This year something different happened! Hagrid came and took care of it! I have giant sized cucumbers! Yes, that is a cucumber.
Trent practiced his self portrait techniques with the rest of the cucumbers and my very own cantaloupe. Thanks to all my great friends who watered when they came to swim!

4 comments:

Bryan & Reiko said...

Bryan and I were wondering what vegetable you were growing. We had never seen cucumbers like that. Thanks again for letting us use your pool.

The Sullengers said...

I would water your garden everyday if it meant getting to enjoy your lovely pool! Welcome back!

Allison said...

Holy smokes! That's huge! Matt and I have decided hay bales are the way to go! We're at an Internet cafe in Auckland and I'm going to try and call tomorrow - it's 3 a.m. your time so I think I'll wait a while so you'll still love me. jk

I'm glad you guys had such a good time in Colorado - that fence looks so cool! I have some good rainbow pictures, too. I'm SO behind on our blog. Love you and talk to you soon!

Donnie and VaNeal said...

I am very impressed with the cucumber....what did you end up doing with it? - Becky