The past couple of weeks have been some of my favorite in the school year. You know the weeks where there are all kinds of projects due and your kids think that starting on them the night before they are due is planning ahead. We had Reading Fair projects and Biome projects due recently. (You will notice that the Reading Fair project pictures are not being shown.) Sydney decided to use the Grasslands for her biome. Without going into all the gory details let's just suffice it to say that she did not plan ahead and Mom was not feeling generous. The due date was rapidly approaching and I wanted to do things like go watch Trentin and Trevor march in the Olive Branch Christmas Parade and watch Christmas movies. Maybe even make some cookies. I rummaged through my craft closet and gave Sydney a bunch of materials to use but that was the end of my help. Sydney worked without much success for a few hours. When Trentin came home from the parade, I casually mentioned that it would be nice if he helped Sydney out. Miracle!! He said okay. He looked at the materials that were available and at what Sydney needed. In about 5 minutes he had an ostrich. Then about 10 minutes later he showed me a lion and elephant. Just for wow! purposes I should let you know that Trent had never made anything out of modeling clay before. He had so much fun that he began to make other creatures. We now have a huge collection of clay creations sitting all over the house. And a little boy who can't get up in the morning because he has spent too much time at night creating. If I had the talent in his little finger I would be amazing!
You can just see the elephants ears in the front corner --Trent's first ever clay sculpture. Oh, that thing made out of clothespins is Sydney's giraffe.
The beginnings of the clay menagerie. Notice Nessie up front with individual clay scales.


1 comment:
Wow! He is good! I know what you mean about projects. I am completely burnt out and my poor younger kids are on their own. I'm just there for moral support.
Post a Comment