Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Chocolate War

So, I have been getting grief (mostly from Andy) that I haven't updated this in a while. I think it is funny since he lives here and knows what is going on. But he has been gone a lot lately. I guess I think I need to have great pictures to post in order to write anything. And as Allison will tell you, I pretty much stink at taking pictures. Not that I take bad pictures, I just can't remember to take them. But today I have a picture to share!


Every year as soon after Thanksgiving as the kids can talk me into it, we make our advent calendars. We do this by wrapping assorted chocolate candy (is there any other kind?) in Saran Wrap and tying between them with ribbon. Each day the kids cut one off and eat it. On Tuesday night (we were a little late this year) Trevor, Trentin and Sydney made their Advent Calendars. I was pretty impressed because Andy and I were gone and they had to do it themselves. Actually, it kind of depressed me that they were old enough to do it themselves and they were successful without me. But that is another story. When Andy and I got home there were 2 long strands of candy on the table and Trevor standing there with a frustrated look on his face. He had gone into the computer room to work on a research paper and Tucker decided that he wanted to eat chocolate every day too. Unfortunately, he didn't understand the one-a-day concept and he had devoured Trevor's entire calendar! In case you are wondering what 25 pieces of chocolate do to a 10 pound dog--he ran circles around our bedroom for hours, jumped all over the place, would curl up and sleep for about 2 minutes and then he was off and running again. It was about 10 o'clock the next morning before he finally settled down.

Tucker, guilty as charged!

On happier notes, below are the most recent updates from Brett and Kyle along with a picture from Brett. Kyle has a new companion now so hopefully we will get a few more pictures. Apparently his last companion didn't think it was necessary to take pictures to send back home.

(Okay, so they are above and you already read them. Someday I will be smarter than this blog!)


No comments: