Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mine grows in hay bales this year!Basically you get the bales to start to decompose and that creates the base for your garden. No tilling, no loads of top soil, no digging on your knees! After about two weeks of getting the bales ready it was time to plant.


I planted several varieties of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, parlsey, oregano and basil from plants. And cucumbers, cantalope and cilantro from seeds. The cucumbers came up in less than two days! The cantalope came up in three and I am still waiting for the cilantro seeds to come up.

Now I just need some sunshine! I have plenty of water:) I'll let you know how things progress throughout the summer. I have great hopes for this small little garden of mine.

2 comments:

Kimi said...

I have never seen a garden like that before. It looks very interesting! We did square foot gardening last year and liked it but have yet to plant this year.

Luna said...

Very clever!