Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Babies Make Me Smile!

How could they not? They are just so cute. And stuff for babies makes me smile too. So here are may latest tributes to babies. (And if there are any typos, I apologize now to Andy who said I couldn't post anything with his name attached to it that had typos! I love you. Enjoy China!)


These were for my friend, Alayna. She is doing her nursery in pale pink, black and white. I haven't seen it yet but if it is like anything else she does it will be amazing. She has the greatest sense of style. This is the first little girl in her husband's family in generations. And she's not telling what the "G" stands for!





These were for Reiko. She is also having a girl. She and her husband are big volleyball fans, players, coaches, etc... so of course we had to put a volleyball somewhere.


These are some of the blankets that I sent to the NICU at LeBonheur this month. I broke with my normal MO and went with white and pastelly colors. Is that a word? And they were just so darn sweet.









Trent helped me with color and pattern choices. He really enjoys going through my fabric stacks. Here is a sampling of the fun things we came up with. His favorite-the jungle. My favorite- the bears.





This last one was a special request from my friend. She is a nurse in the NICU and every once in a while there is a baby that she just really becomes attached to. Of course, they then need a special blanket. This little guys parents were big Ole Miss fans so we made him an appropriate blanket. He was full of laughs and smiles in the short time he spent on earth. My thoughts and prayers are with his parents.














4 comments:

The Borders said...

All of your projects turn out so good. Charles still has the blue bear that you made for him almost 2 1/2 years ago. That is so nice you you to make those blankets for the NICU. I bet their parents really appreciate the love that someone has to do this for them.

The Sullengers said...

Seriously, so amazing! I wish I had some skill revolving around sewing! I think you do a great job!

Jenna said...

That is so cool! Over the last couple of months, I've decided I would really like to learn how to sew! I don't know when I will, but I would love to do what you do! Your work is beautiful.

Luna said...

I love All the stuff you make! And late Thank you for Eli's Christmas gift!