Sunday, August 3, 2008

What's for dinner, Mom?

Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
4 cups peeled and chopped fresh tomatoes
2 cups tomato juice
2 cups chicken stock
12-14 fresh basil leaves
1 cup cream
1 stick butter

Combine tomatoes, juice and chicken stock in large saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes. Blend in small batches (or with an immersion blender) with basil leaves. Return to saucepan, add butter and cream. Stir over low heat until heated through. Serves 6.

2 comments:

The Borders said...

This sounds yummy. I hope you continue to share recipes! I came across your blog a month or so ago, and tried to leave a comment, but they were not permitted. I guess you have worked that out now though! Glad that I found it again. I'll be adding you to my favorite blog list!

Alayna said...

I echo Nicole's sentiment! I'm so excited to see your blog and to try all of the delicious recipies you've posted...you're a cooking inspiration!!!